Frequently Asked Questions
- What kind of audio is supported?
We support standard stereo audio as well as spatial audio in the form of Two Big Ears (.tbe)
- Is it possible to play 2D videos?
You can make an edit of the video that contains a 2D video screen which displays your video. Look&Play originally broadcasts 360° videos on VR headsets.
- Do you support stereoscopic 360 video?
Yes, we support stereoscopic TB and LR, as well as monoscopic files.
- Do you support spatial audio?
Yes, we support Two Big Ear (.tbe) files.
- What are the recommended specifications for the icons?
Codex PNG Resolution: 512×512 We strongly recommend to use square Icons.
- What are the recommended specifications of a 360° background?
Codec JPG, PNG Resolution: 3840×1920
- What are the recommended specifications for a 360° video?
Codec: H265 or H264 Resolution: 3840×1920 FPS: 30 Max bitrate: 16 mb/s Audio: Stereo aac audio or .tbe
- What type of content is supported?
Look&Play supports: – Monoscopic 360° video – Stereoscopic 360° video – Spatial audio – 360° photo for a branded waiting room Video specifications: Codec: H265 or H264 .mp4 file Resolution: 3840×1920 FPS: 30 Max bitrate: 16 mb/s Audio: Stereo aac audio or .tbe Branding specifications: Codec JPG, PNG Resolution background: 3480×1920 Resolution icons: 512×512
- Does Look&Play support 4K resolution?
Yes, Look&Play supports monoscopic and stereoscopic video up to 4K.
- How many pieces of content can I load onto my device?
You can upload an unlimited amount of 360° videos. Do note that you can add a maximum of 20 video files per each folder. The total amount is only restricted by your device capacity.
- Where can i download Kiosk Mode for Oculus GO & PICO?
You can find the download links and instructions here: https://lookandplay.io/download/
- Does Kiosk Mode disable the calibration needed to recenter the Oculus GO?
No, sadly there is no way to bypass this. Every time the Oculus GO is removed it needs to recenter when it’s put on again.
- What does the Kiosk Mode cost?
Kiosk Mode is free for the Look&Play app. If you would like to use it for your own VR App the costs are 145 Euros for a lifetime license.
- For which devices is Kiosk Mode available?
Kiosk Mode is available for Oculus GO, Oculus Quest & PICO headsets.
- How do I extend my license?
Order a new license on the website or send an email to email@example.com. After your order, you will receive an automatic email with a new license code. You can use this code to continue using Look&Play.
- How does the purchase process work?
As soon as you place an order or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, you will receive a welcome email. In this email we will provide you with the redeem code and license code. You need these to install the Look&Play app and to be able to use it.
- Is it possible to lower the amount of devices during a year license?
Yes, this is possible. Send an email to email@example.com to lower the amount of devices.
- Is it possible to end the license earlier and get money back?
No, it is not possible to end a license earlier than planned.
- What is Look&Play’s pricing model?
Look&Play works with flexible pricing. The price depends on the amount of devices and time used. You can find more information on the pricing page.
- Is it possible to get a license of the software for one week?
Yes, this is possible. Costs per week are: € 5-. per device. Total costs would depend on the amount of devices you would like to use.
- I want to resell Look&Play, is this possible?
We offer special discounts for resellers and partners. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Can I order a license for a certain date?
Yes, you can. When purchasing a license you can fill in your requested starting date.
- How can I pay for my license?
You can pay via bank transfer, PayPal, Credit card, Bancontact, Sofort, Multibanco, Przel, ewy24, EPS, iDeal & Giropay.
- Where can I download the Look&Play app?
For the Oculus Go you can only download the app using the redeem code you will receive from us once you bought your license. For your Android device and for the Pico you can download the app in the Play Store. You need the license code to be able to start using the Look&Play app.
- How do I start a 360° video?
Once you start the Look&Play app you will be in a virtual waiting room. Here you can choose to start a 360° video by looking at the icon for a few seconds. Once the 360° finishes you will automatically return to the waiting room.
- Is it possible to add spatial audio to my 360° video?
Yes, this is possible.
- Is it possible to load multiple 360° videos into my device?
Yes. You can upload an unlimited amount of 360° videos. Do note that you can add a maximum of 20 video files per each folder. The total amount is only restricted by your device capacity.
- How can I contact your support team?
Please send an email to email@example.com or you can call us on: +31 30 71 16 158
- How does the redeem code work?
In order to download the Look&Play app on your Oculus Go you need a redeem code. To use the Look&Play software you need a license code. You will receive these once you have purchased Look&PLay. More info can be found in the guide. You can download it here.
- Is there a guide available?
Yes, we have made a guide that explains how to install the Look&play app, how you can prepare your content and how to load it on your device. You can download it here.
- Is there a support page?
Yes, there is a support page. You can click here to go to the page.
- Does Look&Play work on the Oculus Go?
Yes, it does.
- Which platforms are supported?
Look&Play is compatible with the Oculus Go, Oculus Quest, Google Daydream, Samsung Gear VR, PICOVR and Android devices.
- What are the minimum requirements of my Android smartphone?
A general rule of thumb is that your smartphone needs to have a gyroscope and enough computing power to play a VR video. You can check if your phone has a gyroscope on: https://www.gsmarena.com/. Furthermore, you can check if your phone can play VR video by opening a 360° on YouTube or on your smartphone.